CALL US +44 161 835 3245
Crockett & Jones
Black calf leather
Made in England
Cavendish, a classic that has firmly established itself as one of the finest tassel loafers available today. A versatile loafer style, made from the finest calf leather, suede or Cordovan on single leather soles for the Men's Main Collection.
LAST NO. 325
Produced in March 1995. Last 325 is a Main Collection last, with a medium round toe and increased toe depth. Now in production for 30 years, 325 is a best-selling last with its own timeline. Famed for country styles and loafers, 325 offer plenty of room in the fore-part. With three standout styles that are worn worldwide - Pembroke, Coniston and Cavendish, the 325 collection is only enhanced with due care and attention.
Crockett & Jones
Since 1879 Crockett & Jones has produced some of the world’s finest footwear from their factory in Northampton, the shoemaking capital of England. To this current day, the business is owned and managed by the founding family, who emphasise quality and timeless style above all else.
Crockett & Jones was established in 1879 by two brothers in law, James Crockett & Charles Jones.
James was raised by his grandfather Henry Marshall, who was a boot and shoe manufacturer in Northampton. James left school at the age of 10 to work as an errand boy before becoming an apprentice clicker. He would go on to work as a shoe maker in Worcester, London and Birmingham.
Charles, meanwhile, was from a long line (at least 3 generations) of respectable shoemakers in Northamptonshire, and was himself a clicker by trade. He married James’ younger sister, Annie Marshall – a shoe fitter, in 1873.
The first Crockett & Jones factory was a small building on Exeter Road, Northampton which housed the initial 20 employees. Family was crucial from the start as the firm employed two of Charles’ brothers, his sister and his wife.
Leathers were cut at the factory before being distributed to out-workers, who would take the parts home, complete their process and then return all components to the factory, where the shoes or boots could be completed.
Business flourished and production needed to expand, so in the early 1880s Crockett & Jones moved into premises on Carey Street allowing more and more work to be done inside the factory.
Here they would install the latest machinery invented by Charles Goodyear from the USA for stitching the upper and insole to a welt. This made the process much easier and faster whilst also providing a superior construction. It would be known as Goodyear-welting.